Sunday, October 4, 2009

Life and Death

Today's post has no cheer. It's all about sadness for me and my family. Last night we lost someone very important. We almost lost her last spring to a accident. She spent months in ICU, Brain Trauma Rehab and Physical Therapy. She had only been home for a short time and her brother died in a car accident. And now, here we are 4 months to the day later and she was killed in a accident last night. The driver of the vehicle she was ridding in failed to yield. Failed to care about the precious cargo ridding in the back seat. The car rolled and landed on our "B". She was 19 years old. She was special to me. B turned 5 the year Chase and I got together she was an amazing little girl. She loved to play dress up, barbies and hang out as she used to call it. She was full of life and always lived it to the fullest. When Brayden was younger I used to call her at curfew to make sure she was home. It annoyed her but she always answered. And she'd tell me I'm home don't worry. She was always chatty - her mom used to say "she's just like you." She was a cheerleader in high school and I was privileged enough to watch her. I went home for her first ever pep rally! I was so proud of her. And when she walked across that stage to get that diploma I yelled my heart out. Last year when we thought we'd loose her we all got to know her a little better. We learned that she was a free spirit. An untamed heart. She's always seemed to struggle in her own skin. Not knowing who she is. Now, she's not here. And we don't get to find out. We don't get to watch her become more or use what she had to become something much SO more amazing. And I loved that girl! She was our JOY! And, we weren't done getting to know her. I'm very saddened by this. I'm sad and angry that it continues to happen in such a small town and nobody seems interested in trying to change it. How many people will die before everyone starts paying attention? And why does one mom have to loose 2 amazing children in such a short time?

Make something of your life. Who cares if you aren't doing what all the other kids are doing. Make your way the cool way and Choose to live. Hang out with your family on the weekends spend time where you belong. It's important and it really does mean something.

God's Speed Sweet Girl. You will always matter to us. Our only comfort is now you are with PaPa Bill and Dustin.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Chandra said...

That was an amazing tribute Tricia...she will be missed but NEVER forgotten. Remember to call if you need anything...

My prayers go out to your family.

amanda said...

oh honey - i am so sorry for your loss. my thoughts and prayers are with you and all of her family!

MRP said...

Oh my goodness, Tricia.. I just now saw this post. I am so sorry for your loss.. I can't imagine the pain that her family is going through right now. So sorry. I'm here for you! ♥ Lots of hugs...

Rebecca said...

What a beautiful and heartfelt tribute. My prayers are with you and your family. Gone too soon for sure. It saddens me that this had to happen and that such a beautiful life was lost.

Shannon Lee Fotography said...

I cannot express in words how my heart aches for you......I am so sorry miss Tricia, for Chase and the rest of your family too! While I know I am very far away- if there is anything you need, please don't hesitate to ask!