Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Pat's day

Greetings from my post op hospital stay. It's been a long night here. My room mate was up every 2 hours requesting her pain meds that she knows (because she' a frequent flyer here) she can't have but every 4 hours. At one point I was awakened by her standing up next to her bed yelling for someone named Jacob. The nurses came as quick as they could and apologized immediately to me~ I'm sure by now most of you are wondering why wouldn't you just pay the money for the private room. Well, honestly I pay enough for 2 insurance plans and $159 upfront per night isn't exactly appealing. If I'm paying that much I'd like to also have room service with awesome food! And I'm hoping to go home tonight. My pain is averaging out to about a 6 most of the time and of course I'm refusing to take any pain medicine after my blood pressure was running 88/60 last night. I can tolerate the pain but I'm not interested in being so weak I have to stay longer.  I have been taking Toradol which is a mild muscle relaxer and Ibuprofen. I'll keep you updated today as it time goes on. They've drawn my labs already this morning and they'll be reviewing my heart monitor closely. I'm hoping Dr. Johnson(ob) comes in at a fairly decent time which should be around noon and says all is well! And because it's a holiday here's my favorite Irish Blessing:

An Old Irish Blessing
May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.


Thank you for your continued thoughts and prayers!

No comments: